Canadian Institutes of Health Research
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is Canada's federal funding agency for health research. Composed of 13 Institutes, we collaborate with partners and researchers to support the discoveries and innovations that improve our health and strengthen our health care system. Learn more about us
- Working together to strengthen Indigenous research and training [2020-01-17 15:30]
- Strengthening Indigenous research capacity [2020-01-17 15:30]
- A statement by the Tri-agency and CFI Presidents in response to the crash of Flight PS752 [2020-01-09 12:15]
- Message from the Tri-Agency Presidents: Response to the CCV open letter [2019-12-17 12:20]
- Message from the President: Update on discussions with Foundation Grant holders [2019-11-05 15:20]
Services and information
View current and archived funding opportunities and apply for funding.
Learn about CIHR's funding programs, application process, policies and requirements, forms, the review process, and decisions.
Initiatives created by the Government of Canada to investigate pressing health issues that are of strategic importance to our country.
Learn about the 13 "virtual" institutes, and the integrated approach that brings together researchers, health professionals, policy-makers, industry and patient groups.
What we are doing
- Date modified: