Canadian Institutes of Health Research
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is Canada's federal funding agency for health research. Composed of 13 Institutes, we collaborate with partners and researchers to support the discoveries and innovations that improve our health and strengthen our health care system. Learn more about us
- Canada Research Coordinating Committee Announces New Chair [2020-01-31 11:30]
- Government of Canada and partners invest $18M in crucial microbiome research [2020-01-30 13:30]
- Project Grant: Fall 2019 results [2020-01-29 13:50]
- Announcement: Seeking Members for the Reference Group for the Appropriate Review of Indigenous Research – Call for Expressions of Interest [2020-01-20 12:00]
- Working together to strengthen Indigenous research and training [2020-01-17 15:30]
Services and information
View current and archived funding opportunities and apply for funding.
Learn about CIHR's funding programs, application process, policies and requirements, forms, the review process, and decisions.
Initiatives created by the Government of Canada to investigate pressing health issues that are of strategic importance to our country.
Learn about the 13 "virtual" institutes, and the integrated approach that brings together researchers, health professionals, policy-makers, industry and patient groups.
What we are doing
- Date modified: